HPi-50e System Update Version 1.10
This system program updates your HPi-50e to the latest version 1.10.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your HPi-50e.
- Hold down [ X ] and [ O ] and turn the power on.
If this shows the latest version (version 1.10 or later), there's no need to update your HPi-50e.
- After verifying the displayed version, turn the power off.
[ Ver.1.10 ]
- Internal Songs were added. Please refer to the "HPi-50e Version 1.10 Supplementary Manual" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
- "Bastien" (93 songs) and "Scale" (36 songs) were added to Categories.
[ Ver.1.05 ]
The following bugs Were fixed.
- The problem of unintended reset to the beginning of a song at a playing in the Visual Lesson Program was corrected.
- When Auto Sync is used with "Grandfather's Clock," sound drop-out sometimes occurs at a specific measure.
- Deviation in the PAN setting value sometimes occurs when headphones are inserted or unplugged while set to Individual in Twin Piano Mode.
[ Ver.1.04 ]
- The default value of Auto Sync was changed to "Off."
When playing while reading music from other than DigiScore, such as in a commercially available score book, use the piano with the Auto Sync setting under Function left set at "Off." When using the Auto Sync function, set it to "On."
- The system was improved so that the Auto Sync setting remains in memory automatically after the power is turned off.
The Auto Sync setting can be made by using the following procedure.
1. At the Notation screen, press the [ O ] button to display the Notation Setup screen.
2. Press the [ UP ] or [ DOWN ] cursor button to move to "Auto Sync."
3. Press the [ LEFT ] or [ RIGHT ] cursor button to change the setting to "On."
4. Press the [ X ] button to close the Notation Setup screen.
What you will need to update your HPi-50e
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on HPi-50e.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your user data to a USB memory before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the Owner's Manual.
- Copying a Saved Songs (Refer to the owner's manual to copy a Save Songs to the USB memory)
- Automatically-saved settings (Make a note of the settings.)
- Display Brightness
- CD/Audio Type
- USB Driver
- USB Memory Mode
- Auto Off
- Stored Memory Backup settings (Make a note of the settings.)
- Never power-off your HPi-50e while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, HPi-50e won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "hpi50e_sys_v110.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in "R063_HPI50e" folder.
Procedure for the update
- Copy the entire folder containing HPi-50e update data ( R063_HPI50e ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Turning the power off HPi-50e; connect the USB Memory to the USB Memory Port.
- Hold down [ Rec ] and turn the power on HPi-50e.
Please wait for about thirty seconds until displaying "--- Updating ---"
- The update starts.
Wait eight minutes. When "Completed." is displayed, the operation is finished. Turn the power off.
- Detach the USB Memory from the unit.