HandSonic HPD-20 System Update Ver.1.03
This system program updates the HPD-20 system program to the latest version 1.03.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your HPD-20.
- Turn HPD-20 power on.
- Choose KIT -> MENU -> SYS -> Information.
Note: If this shows the latest version (Version 1.03 or later), there’s no need to update your HPD-20.
- Turn HPD-20 power off.
Update history [ Version 1.03 ]
- Some kit names and instrument names have been changed.
* Sounds have not changed.
The latest kit names and instrument names can be viewed here.
What you will need to update your HPD-20
- A USB-memory device ( Roland M-UF1G/M-UF2G )
- A computer with a USB connector (Windows or Mac)
- Update file ( Please download from this page. )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the HPD-20. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- We recommend that you use the "Saving a Backup" function. Please use "Loading a Backup" function to re-load the backup data.
- Never power-off your HPD-20 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the HPD-20 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "hpd20_sys_v103.zip" file on your computer to get the update file named "HPD20.bin" in the "hpd20_sys_v103" folder.
Procedure for the update
* Please use the "Backing up all data" function. (Refer to the Owner's Manual P.56).
* Never power-off your HPD-20 while the update is in progress. If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the HPD-20 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode.
- Start your computer then connect the USB memory to a USB connector of the computer.
* Please use a USB memory formatted by using your HPD-20. ( Refer to the Owner's Manual P.60 )
- Copy the update file "HPD20.BIN" onto the root directory of the USB-memory device.
* Do not copy the "hpd20_sys_v103" folder.
- Un-mount the USB-memory device through the correct procedure, then disconnect from the computer.
- Connect the USB-memory device to HPD-20 with the power turned off.
- Turn HPD-20 power on with pushing the [ MENU ] button.
The message Please Wait... appears on the screen, and then the update starts. While the update is in progress, the message Updating... is displayed at the center of the screen, along with a number that progressively decreases.
When the message Update Complete. appears, the update has finished.
- Turn off the unit and disconnect the USB memory device.