FR-1x/FR-1xb System Update Version 1.07
This system program updates your FR-1x / FR-1xb to the latest version 1.07.
How to know the version
Please check the version of the system working on your FR-1x / FR-1xb before downloading the archive file.
- Switch on the FR-1x while holding down the treble registers [ 2 ].
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.1.07 ]
- Support was added for the ONKYO UWF-1 Wireless USB Network Adapter.
[ Ver.1.05 ]
- "Roland Wireless Connect" compatibility.
Please refer to the "Supplementary Owner's Manual for Wireless LAN Function ( FR-1x_e2_Wireless_W.pdf )" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manual ].
The following bug is fixed.
- Corrected wrong recall of Reverb/Chorus macro at Set change.
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- FR-1x / FR-1xb itself
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Flash Memory need to be formatted on a FR-1x / FR-1xb.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
Cautions with the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the FR-1x / FR-1xb. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your FR-1x / FR-1xb while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the FR-1x / FR-1xb won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to update
The following procedure performs a Factory Reset. This means that your own Global settings are replaced by the settings the FR-1x contained when you first got it. You may wish to archive your settings before initializing the FR-1x (see "Saving User Program memories to USB memory (optional)" in the Owner's Manual).
- Expand the downloaded file "fr1x_sys_v107.zip" on your computer to get the following content ( 1 folder and 5 files ).
- DATAROM (folder)
- First delete all existing files from the USB memory then copy the above content (1 folder and 5 files) to the USB memory's root folder.
- After verifying that the FR-1x / FR-1xb power is off, plug the USB memory into the FR-1x USB MEMORY port.
- Turn the power on while keeping and holding the TREBLE register  for about 2 or 3 seconds.
NOTE: The update procedure takes about 35 or 40 seconds.
- When updating is successfully completed, the "End" message will appear on the display.
- Turn the FR-1x / FR-1xb power off and unplug the USB memory.
- ATTENTION: Close the bellows and don't move it.
- Switch on the FR-1x.
The FR-1x perform the Factory Reset and the bellows calibration.
- Wait for all settings to be initialized, the display briefly shows "don" (Done).
The main page is showed.
- Now you can move the bellows again.