FP-30 System Update Version 1.02
This system program updates your FP-30 to the latest version 1.02.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your FP-30.
- Hold down [ SLOW ] button and [ FAST ] button and switch on the power to the unit.
The middle indicator above the [ Volume ] button (the third indicator from the left) lights up.
- Examine the pattern of lighted and dark indicators to determine the current version.
If the two indicators are not lighted and dark as described below, perform an update.
* If the pattern of lighted and dark is as follows, the system is at the latest version. No update operation is necessary.
- The [ METRONOME ] button is lighted.
- The [ Play/Stop ] button is dark.
- After checking version of the product, power off the FP-30 without performing any button operation.
] MAY 2016
What you will need to update your FP-30
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on FP-30.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- Never power-off your FP-30 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the FP-30 won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "fp30_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "R068_FP30" folder.
Procedure for the update
- Copy the entire folder containing the FP-30 update data ( R068_FP30 ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Leaving the power to the FP-30 switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ Metronome ] and switch on the power to the unit.
The update starts. While the update is in progress, the indicators to the right of the FUNCTION button flash in succession.
* The update operation takes about 2 minutes.
* Never switch off the power or detach the USB memory device while the update is in progress.
- When all the indicators to the right of the FUNCTION button flash, the update has finished.
Turn off the power to the FP-30.
- Detach the USB flash memory from the FP-30.