FA-06/FA-08 System Update Ver.1.03
This is the latest version of operating system for the FA-06 / FA-08.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your FA-06 / FA-08 before downloading the archive file.
- Press the [ MENU ] button.
The MENU screen will appear.
- Use the cursor buttons to move the cursor to System, then press the [ ENTER ] button.
The SYSTEM SETUP screen will appear.
- Use the cursor buttons to move the cursor to the Information tab.
The current version information is displayed at System Version.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.1.03 ]
[ Additional function ]
- Support was added for the ONKYO UWF-1 Wireless USB Network Adapter.
[ Bug Fixes ]
The following bugs Were fixed.
- Track modify: Copy sometimes results in a system freeze.
- When Track modify is used to carry out a COPY operation in a song that includes a changed beat, sometimes Song Full appears and the operation cannot be executed.
- Immediately changing the pattern in the first measure after a rhythm pattern starts to play results in the beat changing partway through and not at the beginning of the next measure.
- When the USB driver mode is GENERIC, use under MacOS X or iOS results in duplicated performance information.
- Setting Part Octave Shift and playing SuperNATURAL Piano after startup results in muffled sound.
- The left-right stereo position of SOLO SYNTH sound for D BEAM takes the wrong state.
- The pad cannot be used as a numeric keypad during Step Rec.
- Aftertouch is not sent even when Aftertouch is assigned to S1/S2.
- Attempting to change a name set at the "Controller" tab of the DAW CONTROL screen sometimes results in incorrect input.
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- FA-06 / FA-08 itself
- PC to write the updater to the USB Flash Memory
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your data to a SD Card before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the "Backing Up User Data (Backup/Restore)" of the Quick Start.
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the FA-06 / FA-08. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your FA-06 / FA-08 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the FA-06 / FA-08 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to download and expand the archive file
Download the file named "fa0608_sys_v103.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, the folder "fa0608_sys_v103" holding the file "FA_UPA.BIN" will be appeared.
How to update
Please install the system program " FA_UPA.BIN " to the FA-06 / FA-08 by following the process below.
Important notice: Never turn the FA-06 / FA-08 off during the update process, or FA-06 / FA-08 won't reboot correctly any more.
- Copy the update-use file ( FA_UPA.BIN ) to the root directory of the USB Flash Memory.
- Make sure the unit's power is switched off, then connect the USB Flash Memory device to the USB FOR UPDATE port.
- Hold down the [ WRITE ] button and switch on the power.
- When the message "= Update Mode =" appears, release the button.
The update starts.
* The update process takes several minutes to finish. Be sure never to switch off the power before the operation finishes.
- When the message "===== update finished. =====" is displayed, the operation has finished. (You will take about 3 minutes to update.)
- Switch off the power.
- Detach the USB Flash Memory, then switch on the power to the unit and verify that the version has been updated.