F-140R System Program Version 1.04
This system program updates your F-140R to the latest version 1.04.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your F-140R.
- Hold down [ + ] and [ - ] and switch on the power to the unit.
If this shows the latest version (version 1.04 or later), there's no need to update your F-140R.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
] MAY 2016
- Internal processing has been improved.
* There is no change affecting the product specification.
What you will need to update your F-140R
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a F-140R.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac OS X )
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- Never power-off your F-140R while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the F-140R won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "f140r_sys_v104.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "R067_F140R" folder.
Procedure for the update
- Copy the entire folder containing the F-140R update data ( R067_F140R ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Leaving the power to the F-140R switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ Metronome ] and switch on the power to the unit.
Please wait for about 5 seconds until displaying "UPd"
- The update starts. Wait several minutes. When "End" is displayed, the operation is finished.
- Detach the USB Memory and switch off the power to the unit.