BK-3 System Program Version 1.04
This system program updates your BK-3 to the latest version 1.04.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your BK-3 before downloading the archive file.
- Press the [ MENU ] button.
- Select GLOBAL and press the [ ENTER ] button.
- Select UTILITY and press the [ ENTER ] button.
- Scroll up to the end of the list to reach the Version Info Label.
* Don't perform the update if the product is already up-to-date.
[ Ver.1.04 ]
Please refer to the "BK-3 Addendum ( BK-3_AddendumV104_e1.pdf )" for detailed information.
- Added the QUICK RECALL OF PERFORMANCES (explicative addendum is provided).
- Added the Drum Kits: Indomix 1, 2, 3, 4 (explicative addendum is provided).
- Small bug fixing
[ Ver.1.03 ]
- Introduced the compatibility with BK Partner app for iPad. (The User Scale app is already compatible from the previous version.)
Items to prepare for the update
Following items are required to perform the update.
- BK-3 itself
- USB Flash Memory ( Roland's M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Flash Memory need to be formatted on a BK-3.
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows, Mac )
Cautions with the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the BK-3. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your BK-3 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the BK-3 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
How to update Attention
during the updating system a factory reset will be automatically carried out.
- Expand the downloaded file "bk3_sys_v104.zip" (6 files):
- First delete all existing files from the USB memory then copy the above content (6 files) to the USB memory's root folder.
- After verifying the BK-3 power is off, plug the USB memory into the BK-3's USB MEMORY port.
- Keeping the [ WRITE ] button pressed, power on the BK-3. Hold the WRITE Button until the "Update Mode:" text appears on the top line of the LCD of BK-3.
- Wait until the end of the update; the display will show "SUCCESS".
Note: The update procedure takes about 20 minutes. During the update the LCD content may change a few times.
- Switch off the BK-3.
- Execute a Factory Reset. (Refer to the "Factory Reset" section from the Owner's Manual for details.)