A-01 System Program Ver.1.02
This is the software to make your A-01 up-to-date.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your A-01.
- Hold down [ BANK 1 ] button, and switch on the power. * Continue to hold down the [ BANK 1 ] button until the version information appears on the display.
- Check the version information that appears on the display.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
* If this shows the latest version, there’s no need to update your A-01.
The following bugs were fixed.
- Some patch parameters ( C1/C2 Hold, CV Portamento SW, CV Portamento Time, and CV Pitch Bend Range ) are not updated when patches are switched.
- The Hold pedal is sometimes not correctly applied to the synthesizer or CV/GATE.
- Synthesizer and CV/GATE pitch bend and hold are not reset on receiving Reset All Controller.
What you will need to update your A-01
- USB Cable
- A personal computer which can run the following SMF players ("UpdSMF")
Caution when performing the update
- If you update on the normal mode of A-01 against the correct procedrue, this update data may destroy the system program.
- Never power-off your A-01 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the A-01 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "a01_sys_v102.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "a01_sys_v102" folder.
Procedure for the update
Follow the procedure shown below to install the unarchived system program in the A-01.
* Be very sure never to turn off the power to the A-01 while the update is in progress.
- Use a USB cable to connect the A-01 to your computer.
- Hold down [ S1 ] button, and switch on the power.
- Double-click "UpdSMF" displayed on the screen to start the UpdSMF.
- Set MIDI Out Device to A-01.
- Click [ Path ] (click [ Select... ] for Mac) on "UpdSMF" and specify the location where the update file ( a01updater.mid ) is from SMF Path (SMF Folder for Mac). Then, click the [ OK ] button.
- Click [ Scan SMF ] (unnecessary for Mac) to check that the update file ( a01updater.mid ) is displayed in the file list.
- Click Send.
Sending of the update program starts.
- When the message "Complete" appears on the display and all buttons flash, the update has finished.
* The update is not complete when UpdSMF displays the message "Send SMF/Complete."
- Click [ OK ] on the Send SMF/Complete dialog box (the Complete Update dialog box for Mac) of "UpdSMF".
- Click [ Exit ] (click [ Quit ] for Mac) of the "UpdSMF" to exit "UpdSMF".
- Disconnect the USB cable to end the update.
- Please verify the version number "1.02" with the procedure described in "How to know the version" part of this document.
* If the update fails, perform the update again.