SYSTEM-1 System Update Ver.1.1.2
This is the latest version of operating system for the SYSTEM-1.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your SYSTEM-1 before downloading the archive file.
- Hold down [ KEY HOLD ] button and [ MOD ] button, and switch on the power.
SCATTER TYPE "1" and the [ ARPEGGIO ] button flash.
- Press the [ ARPEGGIO ] button.
If the panel display for SYSTEM-1 is other than as described below, carry out the update.
- The Memory  button and the LFO [ WAVE knob ] and [ PITCH ] are illuminated.
- After checking version of the product, power off the SYSTEM-1 without performing any button operation.
For details, refer to "SYSTEM-1 Updates" in the [ Owner's Manual ] ( SYSTEM-1_v112_e.pdf ).
What you will need to update your SYSTEM-1
- AC adaptor
- USB cable
- A computer with a USB connector ( Windows 8 / 7 / Vista, MacOS X )
Caution when performing the update
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the SYSTEM-1. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your SYSTEM-1 while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the SYSTEM-1 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "sys1_sys_v112.zip" file on your computer to get the update file in the "sys1_sys_v112" folder.
Procedure for the update
- You must not rename the extracted file.
- Never turn off the SYSTEM-1's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the SYSTEM-1 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program file into your SYSTEM-1 according to the following procedure.
- Hold down [ KEY HOLD ] button and switch on the power.
All four buttons from [ KEY HOLD ] to [ MOD ] flash.
- Connect the computer to the SYSTEM-1's USB port by a USB cable.
Only the [ KEY HOLD ] button flashes.
- Open the "SYSTEM-1" drive folder in your personal computer.
- Copy SYSTEM1_UPD.BIN in the "sys1_sys_v112" folder into the "SYSTEM-1" drive by dragging and dropping it.
* Do not copy the "sys1_sys_v112" folder.
- After copying the file is completed, remove the USB drive from the personal computer.
With Windows 8 / 7 / Vista
Right-click on the "SYSTEM-1" icon in My Computer and execute "Eject."With Mac OS
Drag the "SYSTEM-1" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
The [ DOWN ] button lights.
- Press the [ DOWN ] button to start updating the file.
- After updating processing is completed, all the four buttons on the display ( between the [ KEY HOLD ] and [ MOD ] buttons ) blink.
- Turn the SYSTEM-1 power off.
Please verify the version number with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.