About the Protection of Personal Information
Roland Corporation recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of this website. We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for our users’ right to privacy and because we value our relationships with our users.
Roland Corporation and its group companies (hereinafter referred collectively to as "We") may ask you to register your personal information, including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, when conducting online surveys, distributing e-mail newsletters, and submitting applications for events, and we recognize that it is our social responsibility to protect such personal information.
Roland Corporation uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online from our users. Nevertheless, Roland Corporation does not guarantee the security, accuracy or completeness of any such information or procedures. Our protection of personal information is based on the following principles.
1. We use it only for the stated purposes
We use it always within the range of purposes that we state to you in advance. When we need to use it beyond the range of the stated purposes, we will inform you of the new purposes in advance. If you cannot agree to the new purposes, you can deny permission for us to use your personal information.
2. We shall not disclose it to third parties
We shall not disclose the personal information you submit to us to any third parties except as provided below:
- When you agree to it
- When we disclose related anonymous data which does not personally identify you
- When we, under strict company management, disclose it to such companies with which we have an advance agreement to delegate the task of processing personal information
- When it is considered to be appropriate so that a related company or distributor can respond to your inquiry
- When we are required to disclose or provide it based on a law or regulation
- When disclosure is needed to protect human health or safety or assets, and it is difficult to obtain your prior consent
- When we need to cooperate with national or local governments in their official duties and obtaining your consent may hinder those efforts
3. We may share it
We may share your personal information with any of the following group companies:
Personal-information items to be shared
- Your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, ID number we issue, product you have registered, etc.
Parties who can share it
- BOSS Corporation, and Roland Group companies as listed below:
Factory and Office Affiliates (excluding Roland DG Corporation)
Purposes of usage by those parties
- Answering your requests with support
- To collect valuable input for more interesting products, aggregation to develop our site, and offering better support
4. If you register for a contest, your personal information will be maintained in accordance with the contest rules. Upon contest completion, the personal information which you submitted for the contest will be destroyed, unless otherwise provided in the contest rules.
*Our use and disposition of any work you submit to us in accordance with a contest, including any original and copyrightable/copyrighted works, and your personal image, voice and other details will be governed by the contest rules.
5. About cookies
A “cookie” is a small piece of data transmitted from a web server and stored on your computer. Although our web server can identify your computer by using a cookie, this allows you to efficiently access our web pages, and we shall not use it for any other purposes.
You can reject cookies to be stored on your computer via a browser setting, but in that case, the functions of our website may be partially limited for you.
6. About access logs
Our website records contain information on the people who have accessed it in an access log, as described herein:
The access log includes the IP address, domain name, browser, access date/time, etc., of those people accessing our website. Other than as provided herein, we shall not use these access logs for the purpose of collecting personal information or to contact you personally without your prior approval.
The purposes for which we may use your personal information on our access log include the following:
- Responding to inquiries that occur when you use our services
- Creating statistical data, which do not identify individuals
7. Tracking system
A tracking system based on the use of third-party cookies is employed in parts of the Roland's web sites to gather anonymous statistical information which is not linked to specific personal information.
We recommend that you regularly check our online Policies on the Protection of Personal Information because we may modify the policies in order to further enhance our protection of personal information or in accordance with changes to laws or regulations.
If you would like to update or decline to submit your personal information, please click here to inform us.
Roland Account Service | Contact Us
Please read the Policies on the Protection of Personal Information as well.